Finding a job/internship in Estonia
If you are looking for a job in Estonia:
- find out your own interests
- find out your skills and competencies
- get information about Estonian employers and labour market situation
- make a CV and cover letter or motivation letter for application
- search for vacancies and send your CV-s those of interest
- find out the companies that you are interested in and send your CV and motivation letter
Find the jobs from alternative sources:
Best place to start is in Work in Estonia web page. This is the only portal which has gathered and features only those job ads which do not need Estonian - so they are accessable to you!
- Collect information on labour market and current vacancies
- Insert your CV to different job-search databases (CV Online, CV Keskus, Hyppelaud, Eures etc).
- Read the vacancy advertisements in the University
- More effective way for job-seeking is to contact personally the companies that would be of any interest for you. Call or send and e-mail with your CV and motivation letter.
- Learn Estonian language - at least on beginner's level. It is a big advantage on your job application.
- Professional education is not always a strict requirement but is preferable.
- Computer skills are necessary almost everywhere in Estonia.
- Attend career fair at the university: www.vt.ee/en
- Estonia's official guide to living and working in Estonia: http://www.workinestonia.com/working-in-estonia/