How to apply?
Before you submit your application online, make sure you have read the following terms and conditions:
1. Create an account
An online application form must be submitted to apply for studies at TalTech. Create an account to complete the online application. You may complete it in multiple sessions.
2. Fill out the form with your personal data
On your online application you'll also have the opportunity to fill in:
- A Motivation Letter - highlighting why you would like to attend the chosen programme and explaining your future academic and career goals;
- CV - detailing your educational background and professional experience, if applicable.
3. Upload your documents
- Previous education documents or the most recent academic transcripts in English (if the final documents are not yet available). If possible, transcripts should include an explanation of the grading system;
- Proof of English certificate or other acceptable information, according to the language requirements set by Tallinn University of Technology;
- Copy of passport identification page.
4. Before hitting the final SUBMIT button, please review your application and attachments for accuracy one last time.
The application fee is 100 EUR per applicant, which enables to apply for 2 programmes. Your online application will be processed only after the non-refundable application fee has been received by the International Recruitment and Admissions Division.
International bank transfer can take up to 2 weeks to process. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you make the application fee payment at the earliest opportunity. For us to be able to process your application after the deadline, it is crucial to make the payment latest on the application deadline. The confirmation will be provided via online applications system Dreamapply.
How to pay?
Below, please find the most suitable payment method for you:
- International Money Transfer
BENEFICIARY: Tallinna Tehnikaülikool
ADDRESS: Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn
DESCRIPTION: payment for application fee, Dreamapply applicant ID, (applicants first and last name (as it appears in passport and in online application)).
BANK NAME: SEB Pank AS
BANK CODE: 401
- Online Payment Form (link)
Available payment methods are: direct Estonian bank links and Visa or Mastercard credit payments.
In the description please write your Dreamapply Applicant ID.
You will be able to access your applicant ID by clicking on your name (1) and your applicant ID (2) will be displayed.
- For better service, candidates are requested to upload receipt of application fee payment to the online application system or notify us via email by writing to study at taltech dot ee.
- Applicants who have obtained previous degree in TalTech are waived from application fee.
Once the first 2 steps have been fulfilled, a preliminary evaluation and further guidance will be provided via online application system within 7 working days.
An online interview date and time will be coordinated with the qualifying candidate personally.
If the programme requires additional test the instructions will be provided via online application system.
Admission results will be announced online latest 1st of June.
In order to be issued an acceptance letter, candidates must first receive a positive evaluation from faculty and fulfill few additional requirements. The requirements and deadlines will be mentioned in your personal conditional acceptance notification on Dreamapply. Take time to read it thoroughly and act accordingly.
Education documents should be send only upon a request by the International Recruitment and Admissions Division. Please note that the application documents will not be returned.
How to send in documents by post?
General requirements for documents sent by post:
printed and signed online application form;
copy of passport identification pages;
officially certified education documents and authorized translations.
|Original document||Simple copy |
ofthe original or certified document
|Certified copy |
of the original document
|DO NOT SEND!||DO NOT SEND!||SEND!|
Original document is very valuable for you and should be treasured. You might need it in the future
Simple copies do not certify that the primary document is genuine and therefore, cannot be accepted.
All education documents sent to us have to be officially certified. The purpse of certifying/
What documents to include?
For Bachelor's studies
For Master's studies
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
- Please see detailed information for education documents from the country specific requirements article.
Documents should be sent to following address:
Tallinn University of Technology
International Recruitment and Admissions Division
Ehitajate tee 5
Final deadline for sending in documents by post
The evaluation of education documents by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre takes approximately 1 month; therefore, it is preferable that hard copies of verified education documents will reach our office as soon as possible, but no later than:
- Non-EU 1st of July.
- EU 1st of August.
If your graduation is not within the allocated time frame for our application process (re: you could not send your documents before the specified deadlines), then contact us via study at taltech dot ee.
Please note that the documents are firstly delivered to TalTech clerical office and signed by the officer there. The documents are delivered to our office once a day. If you see that your documents have been delivered to Tallinn University of Technology, it does not necessarily mean we have already started processing your documents. Please be patient and wait until you receive a notification via Dreamapply, which confirms that we have started processing your documents.
For future reference, please note, that application documents will not be returned.
PS! TalTech has a right not to open a curriculum if less than 15 applicants have confirmed their student places. In this case, accepted students will be notified at the earliest opportunity, but no later than 20th of July 2019.
The final acceptance letter will be issued after the university has:
- received confirmation for study offer (via DreamApply)
- received all the required documents by post;
- applicant's previous education documents have received positive evaluation from the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre (takes approximately 1 month);
- for tuition fee place, the pre-payment has been collected.
Upon receiving the acceptance letter, which will be sent individually to your e-mail address, you may proceed further with arranging your arrival (flights, accommodation and residence permits, when applicable).
Main information that you require before and after arrival has been gathered on our Practical Info page.
Application deadlines for non-Estonian citizens
(only Bachelor's and Master's programmes)
Note! TalTech has intake only once a year for autumn semester.
|1 January||Application period begins for 2019/2020|
|1 April||Application deadline for Non-EU|
|1 May||Application deadline for TalTech students, EU/EEA member states, Turkey, Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and countries who do not need visa to enter Estonia (See the complete list of countries on Ministry of Foreign Affairs website).|
|1 June||Admission results|
|1 August|| |
Application deadline for Finnish students applying for study programmes of School of Business and Governance (International Business Administration, Law, and Technology Governance) and BSc Integrated Engineering (extended for Finnish citizens only).
|2 Sept.||Beginning of Autumn semester studies.|