The Department of Business Administration invites applications for a professor position in Entrepreneurship.
We seek a talented and highly motivated individual with a high-level academic expertise and track record in research on entrepreneurship. The objective of the professorship is to lead and carry out the study, scientific and development processes in the field of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship education. Besides the traditional entrepreneurship research, we expect the field of interest to be related to technology-based entrepreneurship and techno startups, sustainability, innovation, and small business research. TalTech runs its own innovation and startup center Mektory and enjoys a close cooperation with the science park Tehnopol which provides the opportunity of intensive research work in the field of entrepreneurship. The position may be filled as tenured Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor or as a tenure track position, depending on the candidate’s merits and career stage. The appointee will be required to conduct research in the field of entrepreneurship, collaborate with other research teams, stimulate research activities at TalTech, apply for funding from national and international sources, to widen the collaboration and research activities, offer services to the private sector, teach and supervise BSc, MSc and PhD students and mentor post-docs.
The Department offers
• A strong international team and student community;
• Opportunities for professional development;
• A wide network for multidisciplinary cooperation;
• Modern working environment;
• Access to relevant infrastructure;
• Salary in the amount of 40,000 € or above annually depending on the qualification and performance.
• PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
• Postdoctoral or other international work experience in areas related to entrepreneurship research;
• Publication record that proves ability for high quality independent research;
• Ability to initiate and attract collaboration projects and competitive funding;
• Experience in teaching and supervising at all levels (BSc, MSc and PhD level; executive trainings);
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
• Successful supervision of PhD students;
• Experience in research leadership and coordination of research activities;
• Business experience;
• Knowledge of high-growth and technology entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Knowledge of and interest in entrepreneurship education.
For more detailed information on the position, Merli Reidolf, Assistant to the Head of the Department of Business Administration merli dot reidolf at taltech dot ee
TalTech is an international scientific community with 11,000 students and approximately 1,800 employees, one of the largest universities in Estonia that is leading EU country in digitalization. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as good collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
The research carried out at the Department of Business Administration in the School of Business and Governance in TalTech deals with various aspects of business – entrepreneurship, knowledge and technology transfer, strategic management, marketing, supply chain management, accounting and performance management. The School has over 200 employees.
More information about TalTech: https://www.ttu.ee/en/.
Further information about working and living in Estonia can be found: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/ and http://www.workinestonia.com/.