The Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) announces an open position for a Postdoctoral Researcher in economics (preferably microeconomics or industrial organization) or finance.
Purpose of the Position
The Postdoctoral Researcher will dedicate to research in economics or finance as a full member of the DEF research group in active collaboration with its senior and junior staff. The Postdoctoral Researcher is expected to actively contribute to research discussions at the department research seminars and research group meetings. We are looking for a candidate who is willing to collaborate with our team in writing joint research papers and/or grant applications and who can support professors in academic activities, including guiding and mentoring PhD students.
The candidate is expected to possess:
• A PhD degree defended in 2015 or later from an international or English language doctoral programme in economics or finance, preferably in the field of microeconomics, microsimulations, industrial organization or public economics, although other areas of economics and finance are also given full consideration.
• High research potential and preferably a track record in reputable academic journals and/or successful participation in grant projects and applications (e.g. Horizon 2020).
• Readiness to successfully collaborate with the department academic staff; preferably a teaching or supervision record.
For further information please contact Prof. Kadri Männasoo, Head of DEF, kadri dot mannasoo at taltech dot ee
The following application documents are required (in English):
• cover letter showing the applicant’s motivation and suitability for the postdoctoral researcher position (free format self-assessment of academic performance and acquired qualifications);
• a copy of PhD certificate;
• CV showing the applicant’s educational and professional background including the list of publications and grant/research projects;
• up to 2 recommendation letters (optional);
• other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
DEF is a modern department engaged in research with a clear applied and policy-oriented perspective with emphasis on rigorous empirical analysis, and teaching a wide spectrum of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral courses in economics, finance, mathematical, statistical and econometric methods. DEF's research is cross-disciplinary and focuses on linkages between different sectors of modern market economy, in particular with emphasis on economic change or development and how policies can devise means to attain high and sustainable growth, efficient use of natural and human resources, economic and financial stability, and social cohesion. DEF is leading Horizon 2020 and Estonian research grant projects and acts as a leading partner in several other international (NordPlus, European Commission) and domestic (Estonian Research Council, Enterprise Estonia, IT Academy) academic and applied projects.
More information about TalTech: https://www.taltech.ee/en/.
Further information about working and living in Estonia can be found: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/ and http://www.workinestonia.com/.